Welcome to Leitner Consulting for Seniors
Liaise for Children Whose Parents are Transitioning into Residences
Catered Services and Care for Private Families
The wheel of life keeps turning. We and our children will all age. For the sake of family unity, I want to help dignify your parent's life as they age. After a very successful career in business, I watched my father spend his last years in a foster home. It was quite a painful experience. I want to be your advocate, so I can help you alleviate the helplessness I felt long ago - a legacy I want to leave for my own children.
A good cause will fuel my determination.10 years ago, my sister, with all good intentions and concern, approached me regarding the welfare of our mother. Our mother had been working for over 45 years as an Art Teacher for the City of Montreal. For many years, she had been teaching 6 days a week. There had been newspaper articles written about her, a television show, exhibitions etc.... She had slowed down over the years, yet was living at home and still very active; all things considered. People age, issues arise and my sister thought it may be time to consider a residence. I assessed the situation with my sister and suggested we keep "a closer eye" on our mother. If the time comes, we can find an appropriate residence. Let's not go there yet.
10 years later - my mother still lives at home, teaches twice a week, organizes exhibitions, drives her own car and buys groceries. All with minimum attention. My mother is 87 years old.
Graduate certificate from Agence Ometz for Seniors Training Program that included:
- Core training in Alzheimer Care
- Certificate from Alzheimer Society
- Stage at residence
- Understanding Alzheimer's Disease and other dementias
- Daily living with Alzheimer's
- Role and responsibilities of Personal Support Worker
- Ethics and professionalism
- Mental health
- Ageism - societal discrimination
- Frail elderly
- Elder abuse
- Working with elderly holocaust survivors
- Fall prevention
- Activities for seniors
- Dealing with families
- McGill University - BA
- McGill University MBA 1 Courses - Macroeconomics and Marketing
- Project Management Program
In 2001, one Canadian in eight was aged 65 years and over. By 2026, one Canadian in five will have reached age 65. An aging population is a complex issue that concerns not only the well being of today's older Canadians but also broader sectors affecting health, labour markets and public finances.
As a result, children or other guardians that are tasked with the care of their aging parents are also entering into the same category. A phenomenon our society never faced before.
Children's challenges can be highlighted as follows - where limited time and stress are the main issues.
- Husband and wife both working
- Caring for their dependents
- Single parent
- Struggling with too many tasks
- Unaware of community resources
- They live out of town
- Stressful communication with family members
- Growing health issues for parents and children
- Language / cultural barriers in obtaining necessary help
- One parent less autonomous than the other
The current infrastructure is being tested to its capacity. Attempting to navigate through a system which at times seem insurmountable, is a concern for all. The aged population is not a burden to our society as we are all in this together with a shared purpose and for a worthy cause.
Leitner Consulting for Seniors is geared towards finding, planning and implementing the best solutions towards maintaining a parent's dignity in their golden years and for the sake of family.
My role, is to be your advocate and begin by asking -
"does your parent need a residence?"
- Solutions based on immediacy
- Planning and implementing enhanced living conditions
- Dealing with isolation
- Organizing activities
- Safe home environment
- Arranging for appropriate Care Givers
- Drivers for appointments
- Emergency medical systems
- Home based audio/visual monitoring system
- Establishing need for residence according to level of care, location and budget
- Offering the best suited available choices
- On sight evaluation of residence
- Never offering medical or financial advice to parent
- Additional services available according to mandate
Our goal is to help children feel secure in the knowledge that the well being of their parent is being looked after professionally. Our services do not receive other payments directly or indirectly from third parties except and only from the families we work for.
Please call me or If you prefer, use the email mail form to inquire.
I look forward to our meeting and helping your family secure a better path throughout this important stage of life.